Join our team
Domestic GasSafe Registered Engineer
Experienced heating service and maintenance Engineer required to join an established Hildenborough, Kent based Heating and Plumbing company to maintain heating systems and Boilers.
Salary dependent upon experience £33,000 - £38,000 +
(OTE £38,000 to £44,000)
Monday-Friday 42.5 hours Overtime & weekend work available.
Hildenborough stores & field based
28 days (inc Bank Holidays).
A company vehicle, uniform and iphone is provided in accordance with Company Policy. The applicant MUST live locally or at least within 15 miles of our base.
The successful candidate will at minimum be:
- Gas Safe qualified having 5 years or more experience on servicing and fault finding. OFTEC & LPG would be advisable but not essential.
- Extensive experience of maintenance, servicing, breakdowns including heating and plumbing repairs.
- Must have a clear understanding of diagnostics for domestic heating, hot water systems and associated controls.
- Be able to work on their own initiative as well as part of our Team.
- The applicant should be available for interview and commence employment ASAP subject to references and security checks.
- Undertake works as instructed by the Office Manager
- Carry out plumbing and heating maintenance works, including technical diagnosis and solutions
- Have good communication skills – written and verbal
- Advise on the installation of new plumbing and heating systems and/or energy saving controls
- Additional duties will include assisting other staff in general manual handling and undertaking general labouring and maintenance duties
- Check, re-stock, maintain and clean company vehicles
- Adhere to company policies and procedures including completion of required paperworl
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Basic understanding of electrical principles for fault finding
- Ability and keenness to learn quickly
- Can do/flexible attitude
- Dedication and loyalty
- Customer focus
- Health & Safety awareness
- Capable of lifting safe working loads
- High standard of customer service
- Full driving licence (less than 6 points)
Please email a CV along with a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role. To be accepted after a successful application you will need to provide on an initial interview: two relevant work reference contacts, a copy of your driving licence and any relevant course certificates by email.
Note: Third party advertisers and cold calling will be ignored.